Close

Join Our Mailing List

Sign up to receive news, events, and details on about our seasonal wine releases.

2006 Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

2006 Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

This cuvee is a classic, hillside-valley floor blend. It is comprised of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from select hillside and valley floor Sonoma Valley vineyards. The acidity of the valley-floor grapes and the intensity and concentration of the hillside grapes complement each other nicely to produce a balanced expression of Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Aromas of ripe blackberries, dark cherries, and notes of anise and tobacco greet the nose. Flavors of black currants, cherries and plum follow, framed by supple tannins.
The 2006 vintage is a bigger wine, heavier and lusher than previous vintages. This Cabernet Sauvignon is fresh and pure with excellent acidity and weight. Fruit from the Mountain Terraces Vineyard makes up 60% of the blend in 2006, providing an excellent foundation of structure and rich, complex flavors. The remaining 40% was sourced from the Brewer Vineyard in Glen Ellen. 2006 represents the best we have seen from these vineyards, and the resulting blend is an exciting Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.

First Vintage : 2004 Cases Produced: 270 $48.00

Accolades

90 points – Robert Parker

Vintages:

0/5 (0 Reviews)